8.16.2013

What's in My Ipsy Glam Bag for August 2013?

Hi readers!

It's Friday! Hope you all have something fun to look forward to. ;)

A couple of days ago I got my Glam Bag from Ipsy. Always an exciting thing to see that metallic pink envelope in the mail! This month's theme was Glamour Academy, which I interpreted as back to school or "back to basics" since all of the items in the bag are items I would use almost daily. Let's take a look at what's inside!


First up, is a shimmer powder from Mica Beauty Cosmetics in Bronze. I had never heard of this brand before. Just from swatching the shimmer powder on my hand, it seems like it's pretty pigmented and easy to blend. I like the neutral bronze color a lot and it's not too boring with it's metallic finish. I plan to use mine as an eyeshadow but I think it would also work well with a bit on the cheeks to add some shimmer as well.

Next, is an eyebrow pencil from Chella in Dazzling Dark Brown. I had gotten their Ivory Lace highlighting pencil in a previous Glam Bag and have since incorporated it into my daily makeup routine (love!). I am pretty attached to my ELF Studio Eyebrow kit which is a wax/powder combo, so I was nervous about using a pencil. It's a tad too dark for my brows but I think I need to use a lighter hand next time.


The next item in my bag was Lash Booster Mascara from Pixie. This is a cute little mini tube. I tried this on my lashes alone and wasn't too impressed. It lengthened and separated but didn't give me any volume which is a must for me. Next, I tried layering it over my ELF Mascara Primer and was much more happy with the result. Not something I can see myself buying full size but it won't go unused either.


Next up is a mini lipstick from Urban Decay's new line of lipsticks. The shade I got is called Anarchy and it's a bright pink with a tad bit of magenta. I wore this yesterday and was definitely impressed! For one, it's SUPER pigmented. I only needed one swipe and I was good to go. The formula is very moisturizing which I appreciate in a lipstick and it lasted on me pretty well all day with only a couple touchups needed.


And the final item in my bag was a Jojoba Charcoal scrub from Michael Todd. This tube is 1 oz and will probably last me a while. This is my first exposure to this brand. I exfoliate a few times a week so I will definitely be getting good use out of this. I haven't used a scrub with charcoal in it before so I am interested to see how it compares to the apricot scrub I usually use.


So that's my August Glam bag! So far, I haven't felt like it hasn't been worth my $10 each month. It's too much fun to see what will come each month and get to try new products on the cheap!

If you want to subscribe to an Ipsy Glam bag you can use my link to get you started *here*.

Tell me what you think of this month's Glam Bag!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com