10.25.2012

Nicole by OPI Just Busta Muave

Hello everyone!

I have a sick toddler and she hardly slept last night and neither did I. And this probably means we are going to cancel our Atlanta trip this weekend. ;( 

At least I have nail polish for a pick me up, right?! haha Dustin bought me this NOPI a while back and I am happy he did because it's so fun for fall. This is called Just Busta Mauve. I am loving the blue glitter/shimmer! This is 3 coats:




What do you ladies think of this shade? I wanted to do some sort of layering or nail art with this but was having a hard time coming up with a good color/theme to use. 

What nail art or layering would you add this base?

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. this looks gorgeous on you! for some reason mine doesn't look like this haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine either - it looks dead in the bottle and on the hand - washes out to kind of a muddy look...but these photos are fabulous showing the details.

      Delete
    2. That is so weird you guys are having issues with this looking the same!

      Delete
  2. Oooooh, so pretty!!!!! Not sure what I would layer over this... maybe something simple since the color and glitter stand out so much???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos of this are spectacular. It's a complex polish. But on the nail for me does not show up all the goodies it had unless you are looking really close. So I can see why you are thinking of doing something over this. Don't know what would show well with stamping using this as a base. I might instead do some free-hand graphic hash marks down from the tip just a bit lower than you would paint a French tip...and because this is a metallic, I would use a metallic stripper polish - like the Stripe Rite ones...maybe using a royal blue or even a silver to contrast the other metal colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By hash marks I mean little > shapes - maybe a dash with a > on the end, but really short dashes so across the nail you would have really thin lines with the > interrupting them just enough to pull in some sparkle and interest.

      Delete
  4. For nail art with this color I tried to match some of the particle colors in it. I stamped over busta mauve using a chrome-ish pink that I had, it was a really nice combo. Then I tried a chrome blue that didn't work as well but I think it was the brand. I think that essie mirror metallic blue one would work well if it lives up to its hype.

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com