5.29.2012

Pretty and Polished Swatches

Hi polish lovers!

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. I got in some pool time and finally don't feel like the pale ghost I have been living the past four years in Idaho. haha I also pulled something in my neck yesterday and haven't been able to move it without pain so I have just kinda been laying low today. Fun when you have an 18 month old to chase around. haha

Today's post features a few polishes from Pretty and Polished. This is one of my favorite indie polish sellers and Chelsea, the mastermind behind the gorgeous glitters you are about to see, is super sweet and obviously very talented.

So first is Sand Art. These are matte glitters, some are super fine and others are small. I think the name for this is perfect and I love the effect this gives! I layered 2 coats over Sally Hansen Insta Dri Blue Me Away for this look.



Next is Bayou Blitz. I had been eyeing this one for a while, and am so glad I finally got it! I know my picture is not doing this polish much justice at all, but you can still see why this is a special one. Bayou Blitz has a tinted minty-ish base with matte yellow glitters and larger matte purple, pink and yellow glitters. I layered 2 coats over Color Club Twiggy and it's like they were made for each other! The base in Bayou Blitz matches Twiggy perfectly. The larger glitters were pretty sparse and hard to place, so that's my only negative with this one.


Finally, here is Pool Party. Once again, loving the name...it's too perfect! At first I wasn't sure if I would like this one just looking at the bottle, but once applied I fell in love! This is 2 coats over Color Club Lumin-Icent which was a stupid choice because it doesn't look very good underneath Pool Party. Nonetheless, this polish just screams summer fun and makes me want to run off on a vacation!


So there are a few Pretty and Polished's for you! Which one(s) are your fave?
Pin It
Pin It!

5 comments:

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com