2.25.2012

Neon/Neutral + Nail Art

Hey! I know I have been a bad blogger this week. I have had no inspiration lately so I didn't want to bore you with the more plain looks I have been sporting. But today I do have something fun to show you finally! 

I have some serious spring fever and the gorgeous bright colors for spring are calling to me...I can't wait for sunshine, warmer temperatures, skirts without leggings and fun wedge sandals! So to help with that, I used a color combo that's popular this season: the neon/neutral combo. It's so simple, but why had I never thought of it before? It's become an obsession of mine.

To start, I chose the perfect neutral shade: Did You 'ear About Van Gogh from OPI's 2012 Holland collection.


Using the scotch tape method, Color Club Warhol and Sinful Colors Neon Melon are on the diagonal corner of the nail. And it's finished off with a chain design from one of the You Mix Cosmetics XL stamping plates.




How many of you are just dying for spring like me? And what about your thoughts on the neon/neutral trend? 
Pin It
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. My dream manicure! I can never find a nice neon yellow polish that lasts. -__-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I'll have to try it sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super cute! I'm so out of the loop; I didn't know this was trending, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so fun! I love the bright neon colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out really great! It reminds me of something I would see in American Apparel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The neon colours look so good on a taupey base! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com