6.10.2011

China Glaze QT

Hey hey! Today I have a fun mani for ya...using one of the coveted OMG collection polishes. This is QT. I have had this polish for a few months now and this is my first time using it...I underestimated how amazing it is because the holo-y goodness hides in the bottle! I still haven't decided if this is more red, or like a rose pink. It looks different in different lighting. I'll let you decide! haha





I think most holos can be left well enough alone without nail art, but since I had Color Club Revvvolution around, I decided to do some stamping with that. I used Bundle Monster plate 223. This is my first time doing stamping with a holographic polish. That I remember anyways...




I wish I would have paid attention better during clean up! 
Ok so I don't use a top coat with holo polishes because I am paranoid that it will mess with the holo...do you guys use a topcoat with holographics? Do you think certain holos are affected by topcoats while some are not? Would love to hear your thoughts! <3
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. That color is amazing! I have used top coat with my holographics- but I don't always. It just depends on the mood I'm in. I used Seche Vite over the top of Nfu Oh #61 and it didn't ruin it at all. It was dull until it dried, but no biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous & I love the stamping on this !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love holos, but I don't acually use any sort of top coat when wearing them. I have Nfu Oh holos and they loose a bit of their shine with a top coat. They normally last for a day or two on my nails

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it depends on the polish brand...maybe that's just me. I know some of my OMGs have lost the strong linear holo when I do the topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Toyomi- I'm glad you like the stamping..I am not that great at doing it on my own...I usually have my hubby do it! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SOOOO wish I had this polish. Only have FYI, 2Nite and DV8. Red is my fav color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love nail art over holos because I don't like them on their own and it is sparkly and interesting at the same time

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com